Our Preferred Senior Checking account is tailored to our valued customers age 55 and better. Earn a competitive interest on the entire balance of your account while enjoying some great free features. With unlimited check writing, free notary services, and access to all our free digital banking services, this account will help our seniors live their best lives!
As a bonus, we’ve added Credit Sense to help monitor your credit score and report. Sign up for this free tool when you’re logged into your Preferred Senior Checking account to stay up-to-date on your credit score, monitor your credit report, and receive tips on how to improve your credit.
It’s easy to open your Preferred Senior Checking account. Click Here to get started!
- Competitive Interest
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Digital Banking
- Debit Card
- Available for our customers 55 years and better
- Earn competitive interest on entire balance
- No minimum balance required to earn APY*
- Daily balance method used to calculate APY*
- Avoid the $10 monthly service charge by maintaining an $1,000 minimum average daily balance
- Unlimited check writing
- No activity fee per check/deposit
- Free notary service
- Free Preferred checks
- Free cashier's checks
- Our digital banking services, including:
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking
- Free Mobile Deposit
- Free eStatements with Images
- Free Visa® debit card with worldwide ATM access
- $100 minimum opening deposit
What do you need to bring with you when you open your Preferred Senior Checking Account?
- Valid photo ID with your current address.
- If your photo ID does not have your current address, bring some other document which does contain it, such as a utility bill.
- The minimum opening deposit amount...or more!
Already have an account? Easily reorder your checks online.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield.
**The First State Bank has implemented upgraded debit card fraud protection. By doing so, we can offer you better protection against personal and business debit card fraud. As a result of this upgraded protection, you may see an increase in phone calls and other notifications regarding debit card purchases that meet certain criteria deemed suspicious. Such activity can include purchases made outside of normal card locations, eCommerce transactions and dollar amount specifications. Heightened security will be placed on international purchases as well, so if you intend on traveling outside of the United States, please contact your local branch of The First State Bank.