Our Free Checking account offers the value that’s been our hallmark for over a century. And this account is truly free because there isn’t a monthly service charge!
Enjoy all the benefits you’ve come to expect with a free checking account, including unlimited check writing, free debit card, and no minimum balance requirements. What’s even better than all this? Our Free Checking account gives you access to free ATMs worldwide with our ATM Rebate Program!
We’ve made our Free Checking account even more amazing with free access to our online banking and mobile banking. With these tools, you’re able to monitor your account activity at any time, schedule transfers, set up alerts, pay bills, and more…all for free! And logging into our mobile app is easy and secure with Touch ID and Face ID.
As a bonus, we’ve added Credit Sense to help monitor your credit score and report. Sign up for this free tool when you’re logged into your Free Checking account to stay up-to-date on your credit score, monitor your credit report, and receive tips on how to improve your credit.
It’s easy to open your Free Checking account. Click Here to get started!
- No Monthly Service Charge
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Digital Banking
- Debit Card
- Unlimited check writing
- No activity fee per check/deposit
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirements
- Our digital banking services, including:
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking
- Free Mobile Deposit
- Free eStatements with Images
- Free Visa® debit card* with worldwide ATM access
- $100 minimum opening deposit
What do you need to bring with you when you open your Free Checking Account?
- Valid photo ID with your current address.
- If your photo ID does not have your current address, bring some other document which does contain it, such as a utility bill.
- The minimum opening deposit amount...or more!
Already have an account? Easily reorder your checks online.
*The First State Bank has implemented upgraded debit card fraud protection. By doing so, we can offer you better protection against personal and business debit card fraud. As a result of this upgraded protection, you may see an increase in phone calls and other notifications regarding debit card purchases that meet certain criteria deemed suspicious. Such activity can include purchases made outside of normal card locations, eCommerce transactions and dollar amount specifications. Heightened security will be placed on international purchases as well, so if you intend on traveling outside of the United States, please contact your local branch of The First State Bank.