Fraud is committed every day by telephone solicitation, direct mail and the Internet. Following these tips will help protect you against identity fraud.
• NEVER give your personal information out over the telephone to unknown solicitations.
• NEVER respond to direct mail unless you are absolutely sure the company is legitimate.
• If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is a scam.
• DO NOT click on the link provided in an e-mail message nor respond in any manner.
• The First State Bank will never request in an Email your user name, password, account number, address,
etc. We have that information.
• Make sure your home computer is running the latest version of Spam and Anti-virus software.
Update them frequently, we suggest weekly.
• Keep your password private. Your password should be alpha-numeric.
• When accessing your account information it is our recommendation that you DO NOT use a public computer
such as in a hotel or Internet cafe. Stripping software could be installed that is recording your keystrokes.