Preferred Senior Checking
Tailored to our valued customers age 55 and better, this checking account earns a variable interest rate and comes with plenty of free convenience services and products. And we will even waive the $10 monthly service charge as long as you keep an average daily balance of $1,000.
You will earn interest every day each period, regardless of your daily balance. Be aware that the interest rate and annual percentage yield may change after the account is opened due to the variable rate.
- Available for our customers 55 years and better
- Earns a variable interest rate
- Unlimited check writing
- No activity fee per check/deposit
- Free online banking and bill pay
- Free eStatements with images
- Free Visa® debit card** with worldwide ATM access
- Free notary service
- Free Preferred checks
- Free cashier's checks
- Avoid a $10 monthly service charge with a minimum daily balance of $1,000
- $100 minimum deposit to open
- Daily balance method used to calculate APY*
- Reorder Checks
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield
**Effective July 17, 2013 The First State Bank will initiate upgraded debit card fraud protection. By doing so, we can offer you better protection against personal and business debit card fraud. As a result of this upgraded protection, you may see an increase in phone calls and other notifications regarding debit card purchases that meet certain criteria deemed suspicious. Such activity can include purchases made outside of normal card locations, eCommerce transactions and dollar amount specifications. Heightened security will be placed on international purchases as well, so if you intend on traveling outside of the United States, please contact your local branch of The First State Bank.